“Hope is sort of like having a life insurance policy underwritten by the bank of God (offices located only in heaven), and delivered to you by God’s agent, Jesus Christ, and you, yes, only you will be doing the collecting! Oh what a glorious day for you to anticipate, the day when you gather up all the dividends you have coming, and mind you – with accumulated interest – talk about a hope, talk about a rollover – wow – you will be rolling over with extreme joyfulness! Thus, we are encouraged to comfort one another with these words- I Thessalonians 4:18.” ~LMJ~
Title: The Sower of the Word, and He Who Gives the Increase (note the words in A. planted & watered, and the words in B. gave & increase)
(An Alternation Structure*)
A.| verse 6a, I have planted, Apollos watered. (they sowed the Word of God)
- B.| verse 6b, God gave the increase. (but God makes the sown Word grow)
A.| verse 7a, Neither is he that planted anything nor he that watered. (it is the Word that makes someone a somebody)
- B.| verse 7b, God gives the increase. (because God makes the sown Word grow)
*As illustrated in the E-book series, Geneses (chapter eight), written by ~LMJ~
Titled: Keeping the Commandments and Abiding in Love (note the words in A. keep & commandments, and the words in B. abide & love)
(An Alternation Structure)
A.| verse 10a, If ye keep my commandments. (PROPOSITION – why do what I say, says Jesus)
- B.| verse 10b, Ye shall abide in my love. (IF – you follow my instructions, then a reward – my abiding love)
A.| verse 10c, Even as I keep my Father’s commandments. (EXAMPLE – because I do, I am your example)
- B.| verse 10d, And abide in my love. (RESULT – you will abide – in my love)
As illustrated in the E-book series, Geneses (chapter eight), written by ~LMJ~
Titled: A Day with Lot and the Angels
(Repeated Alternation Structure)
A. 1| verses 1-4, Evening. The Angels’ reception by Lot.
- B. 1| verses 6-8, Lot’s grievances with sodomites.
A. 2| verses 10-13, Nighttime. The Angels’ protection of Lot. (Announcement of the destruction of Sodom.)
- B. 2| verse 14, Lot’s criticisms of his family.
A. 3| verses 15-17, Dawning. Jehovah merciful with Lot.
- B. 3| verses 18-20, Lot’s rights with Jehovah.
A. 4| verses 21-26, Sunrise. Jehovah’s acquiescence with Lot. (Destruction of Sodom.)
As illustrated in the E-booklet series, Geneses (chapter eight), written by ~LMJ~
Titled: Your Righteous Salvation
(An Introversion Structure)
A.| verse 9a, Confess with thy mouth. (the Lord Jesus)
- B.| verse 9b, Believe in thine heart. (that God hath raised him from the dead)
- C.| verse 9c, Thou shalt be saved. (this stands alone with nothing to be added or subtracted from this eternal truth)
- b.| verse 10a, For with the heart man believeth. (result – righteousness)
a.| verse 10b, With the mouth confession is made. (result – salvation)
-9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
-10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Illustrated by ~LMJ~
*For more on Romans 10:9-10, see: The Belief of Our Confession